Website info


Current Workshops HERE
Workshops I Teach see HERE
My Website see HERE

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Winter Session in Watercolor....trying again

Well will try again to begin my Winter sessions in Watercolor at the Arkansas Arts Center.  I do believe the weather will be slightly better.

Thought I would share just a bit of what we will be doing.

Beginner Watercolor:
We will be doing a composition that will have a color wheel included in the abstract design.  It was a difficult decision for me to make for the first lesson since there will be beginners and those repeaters who think they are still beginners.

Along with the color wheel will be other abstract shapes drawn in which I will have them do a variety of watercolor techniques in these shapes learning a variety of techniques to have as a "color wheel / technique sampler ".  Should be challenging to the beginners, repeat beginners and me too!

Intermediate Watercolor:
This is a group that has been taking from me for a while and last session I told them I taught them all I know.  They said not so, that I would come up with something.  Well I have.  I decided to apply stufff to our paper therefore painting watercolor onto a slightly to modeerately modified watercolor surface.  This has made me dig deep into my past experimental works.  Hope they enjoy. 

Tomorrow should be interesting for them.  Will have them mark over their paper randomly with clear parafin wax.  Then next we will rotate as a class and put some watercolor mark, design, etc. on everyones piece.  Next I will have the students return to their piece and complete the work by creating a focal point , design or whatever the piece needs to be completed.  This should be a challenge for the entire group but also a good ice breaker for the first class.

Now I am just hoping everyone will return next week.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment