Website info


Current Workshops HERE
Workshops I Teach see HERE
My Website see HERE

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Progress of Teaching Pieces


Intermediate Watercolor Class
Thought it might be interesting to view the on going progress of the pieces I am teaching.  Here is a photo of the overlapping and see-through figures (design posted previously).  As you can see with the initial underpainting of the thinned down clear gloss medium once I applied watercolor it made a resist which adds to the piece.  I also decided to put my design on with permenant marker which also adds to the design factor.

I applied a radial design from warm to cool underpainting of watercolor and now am beginning to fill in the shapes with pattern.  Have not decided just how to treat the background.  May also make it designs unless I get totally sick of designs and shapes!




Beginning Watercolor
These two pieces are first begun by scribbling on your white paper.  Now it is not white so no fear.  Next three areas were covered with contact paper using small, medium and large shapes.  Next some line work was created with a variety sizes of masking tape.  If desired additional designed shapes were cut out with a craft knife in the taped areas. 

Next the paper was wet thoroughly and painted wet into wet watercolor letting softness occur.  Additional design shapes of wax paper applied (wax paper cut in desired shapes, I like circles) and also plastic wrap applied, then the entire piece is allowed to dry.  We will begin to decide where the focal area is and will enhance and detail these areas.  Will also apply glazes.  We will see what happens next week!







No comments:

Post a Comment